From the 12th to the 14th of December in Nancy, France, the International Entrepreneurship Forum together with the OECD Leed, the Essex Business School, The International Network for SMEs – INSME and other international partners, organizes the 17th International Entrepreneurship Forum to explore the North-South dialectic of entrepreneurship and innovation. The event aims at:
1. exploring critically the roles entrepreneurship and innovation play in economic and social development in developed, emerging and developing economies;
2. fostering new economic and social systems based on entrepreneurship and innovation in the North and South;
3. working towards the development of entrepreneurship as a global social movement.
Academicians including students, entrepreneurs, experts, researchers and practitioners from all over the world are invited to take part.
From the 5th to the 11th of December, the IEF will also organize a pre-conference bootcamp on “Early Growth Acceleration” targeting entrepreneurs with early stage businesses looking to scale up and/or to attract potential investment and support. By participating to the bootcamp, entrepreneurs will be able to achieve:
1. an increased capacity to build more sustainable and scalable enterprises;
2. better understanding of approaches to identify, prepare, exploit opportunities in the context of emerging economies with higher uncertainty, dynamic competition with international and global perspective;
3. improved skills in identifying funding opportunities and meeting investors’ requirements.
The Forum will also feature an exhibit of works of art depicting the conference theme. The organizers welcome posters, sketches, paintings and photographs and other works of art related to the North-South dialectic of entrepreneurship and innovation.