News from INSME
We’re excited to launch our new Blog!
You are invited to share, develop and discuss ideas, projects, hints and your visions on innovation for the benefit of Small and Medium Enterprises in this new space!
- Inclusive innovation or inclusive growth? The evolutionary dilemma at the “Davos in action” Summit
- The Evolution of Science and Technology Parks in Spain
- Invest in Women - You are investing in our Future
Follow the INSMEblog
Your fast track for innovation!!!
Read our monthly newsletter:
[pdf] contributed by DE TULLIO & PARTNERS, INSME Member
INSMEnews is the main communication tool for INSME members and partners providing a panorama of current activities, trends and priorities of INSME and issues related to innovation and technology transfer on an international scale.
The non-INSME-members subscribers will receive the newsletter two weeks after its official launch date.
Join INSME to have our newsletter on time!
Roving Seminar on WIPO Services and Initiatives
21 April 2015
Organized by the World Intellectual Property Organization -WIPO and the Italian Patent and Trademark Office - UIBM
Efficient Interfaces in Eco-innovation
22-24 April 2015
Organized by greenXpo, EURADA, JYKES and the City of Jyväskylä
11th INSME Annual Meeting on "Technology and Innovation for Inclusive Growth"
26-28 May 2015
Cape Town, South Africa
Organized by INSME, in collaboration with OSIBA Management
- Picks in the News
OECD report: "Competition and market studies in Latin America 2015: The case of Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Mexico, Panama and Peru”
Market studies play a fundamental support role for competition authorities in identifying obstacles and distortions to competition that are not caused by competition law violations. Competition authorities often use this tool to inform governments on problematic markets and recommend areas of improvement.
The OECD (INSME Moral Sponsor) recently released a report on “Competition and market studies in Latin America 2015: The case of Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Mexico, Panama and Peru”. Building on a project sponsored by the UK FCO, aiming at understanding how market studies were carried out in these six countries and what were the good practices in other OECD experienced jurisdictions, the report identified best practices and areas of improvement to make a better use of this competition tool.
The common areas of improvement for all the 6 countries focus on the need to have an appropriate legal framework and adequate resources to effectively perform market studies.
Read the whole report here.
The EU SME Centre (INSME Partner) is in the course of organizing five new training programmes to develop cross-cultural leadership skills:
- Effective Cross-Cultural Communication and Negotiation Skills taking place on the 10th of April 2015 at Beijing, China. It is a full-day training programme that will provide participants with the practical tools and will strengthen skills to overcome cultural barriers in the workplace, minimize cultural misunderstanding and build a stronger multi-cultural team to ensure a sustainable business in China;
- Forward Thinking Management Reporting taking place on the 17th of April 2015 at Beijing, China. The training programme will provide participants with an excellent opportunity to practice, improve and discover a proper presentation style that catches the audience’s attention.
- Best Practice Leadership taking place on the 11th of May 2015 at Beijing, China;
- Global Ready Leadership: Developing Your Global Mindset to take place on the 29th of May 2015 at Beijing, China. Participants joining the training will understand their unique strengths and the challenges they need to tackle in China.
- Best Practice Leadership to take place on the 5th of June 2015 at Beijing, China. Participants will be provided with the tools to understand the strengths they bring to their leadership role and shape a personal development plan.
On the 25th of February 2015, EBN (INSME Board Member from Belgium) has acquired the magazine title The Business Incubator from its founding publisher Incubation Worldwide Ltd.
Commenting on the acquisition, EBN CEO, Philippe Vanrie said, “We have been incubating the magazine for almost 3 years and we felt the time was right to bring the full resources of the EBN network behind the title.”
The magazine will keep its editorial line by addressing international content covering all aspects of incubation, acceleration and other business support, showcasing the best practices, best people and best start-ups.
The full archive of the magazine is available by registering on the EBN website at the following link.