The International Network for SMEs – INSME, a non for profit international association based in Rome, is looking for a dynamic individual as its Project Officer to join the Secretariat.
INSME’s mission is to bring together at the international level, policy makers, business intermediaries, practitioners, researchers and their networks working in the fields of innovation, technology transfer and entrepreneurship to strengthen cross-border collaboration and best practices exchange in support of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to make innovation happen.
The Project Officer will perform the following tasks under the guidance and supervision of the INSME Secretary-General:
- Scouting of EU and international funding opportunities in the fields of SMEs, innovation, technology transfer, entrepreneurship, etc.
- Drafting project and technical assistance proposals;
- Contributing to project execution and reporting;
- Contributing to the preparation of INSME conferences, workshops and to the INSMEAcademy;
- Interacting with INSME Members and partners;
- Contributing to the marketing and communication activities of the Network: drafting the monthly newsletter, updating social media profiles, updating the INSME website;
- Supporting general administrative tasks (Annual reporting, collection of Membership fees).
The ideal candidate will have the following profile:
- A degree in economics, political science, international relations or other related fields.
- Experience in EU project management;
- An interest in SMEs, innovation and technology transfer issues is essential. A background in these fields is a plus;
- Proficiency in English is a must. Command of other languages is a plus;
- Computer literacy in MS Office tools. Knowledge of WordPress, Mailchimp and GoToMeeting is also welcome;
- Readiness to travel abroad;
- Strong organizational and communication skills;
- A positive problem-solving approach and orientation to team working.
- One-year contract with possibility of renewal;
- The salary will be discussed depending on experience and qualifications;
- The workplace will be Rome city center (Italy).
Please send a cover letter and a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 15th of October. Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview.