META Group (holding INSME vice-presidency) and ClearIPView are the providers of a new service funded by the European Commission: the Common IP Booster. The service – at no cost as the initiative is fully supported by the European Commission – addresses public research organisations that are committed to take out the most from their research results and offer them advices on the best IP strategy to be adopted.
In particular the IP Booster experts will help public research organisations to:
– determine the type and amount of IP protection needed for their projects’ intellectual assets, and whether they need to acquire rights to third party IPRs;
– identify the most suitable commercialisation pathway;
– conduct a thorough due diligence assessing the quantity and quality of IP – assets generated by the project and estimating their future value;
– prepare the project’s patent, design and trademark applications;
– provide advice and support in negotiating technology transfer agreements.
The first call for applications is open until the 6th of March 2019 to European Universities or Public Research organisations that have already benefitted from EU funds for research.
Discover more about the Common IP Booster at this page.