This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
The Global Network of Export-Import Banks and Development Finance Institutions - G-NEXID is an International Organization established in 2006 with the aim to improve cooperation and assistance, and facilitate the exchange of experiences among specialized institutions involved in trade and project financing, particularly EXIM Banks and DFIs, at regional and global levels.
G-Nexid works under the auspices of UNCTAD, with International Trade Centre (ITC) and other U.N. Organisations.
The Global Network shall perform the following functions:
- To promote and develop cooperation and common understanding of the various issues related to trade and project financing among its Members;
- To facilitate the flow of information among its Members, through the strengthening of information network at the national, regional and international levels, as well as through the organization of regular meetings;
- To disseminate relevant specialist knowledge made available by UNCTAD and other international organizations;
- To share country and regional experiences and best practices in trade and project finance, including those related to services and Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs);
- To assist its Members in benefiting from technical assistance through the Global Network's sponsored research work on various policy issues, new trends and opportunities, innovative financing mechanisms, and common problems and challenges facing its Members; as well as SMEs development and competitiveness;
- To help its Members benefit from capacity building and training services through the Global Network's sponsored events, study tours, internships, workshops, publications or by way of referrals to relevant international or multilateral agencies;
- To assist Members in exploring various cooperative agreements, such as co-financings and joint operations;
- To assist and advise, on request, members in the structuring and implementation of export or import financing transactions;
- To raise the necessary funds for the above activities;
- Any other relevant functions as decided by the G-NEXID General Assembly.
The aims and purposes of the Global Network shall be accomplished through meetings and seminars, technical cooperation, capacity- and institution-building, research, publications and special reports, and such other means as its General Assembly may determine.