This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
The World Technopolis Association (WTA) is a multilateral international organization created in 1998 with the purpose to connect the advancement of science and technology with local development, to achieve a shared development through cooperation and exchange among science cities.
The WTA aims to establish international cooperation between local and regional governments in an era of knowledge-based society, as well as, to share the prosperity by promoting mutually beneficial partnership and exchanging their experiences in a global context.
WTA’s major objectives are:
- To connect the advancement of science and technology with regional innovation;
- To establish mutual cooperation and good partnership on technopolis development;
- To achieve a shared development through knowledge exchange and technology transfer among science cities;
- To assist the members in building sustainable technopolises with a global competitiveness.
WTA’s main services are:
- Organisation of workshops
- Creating an international information network
- Cooperative researches
- Fostering venture businesses and offering assistance to SMEs in this field
- Holding the WTA Hi-tech Fair to promote technology transfer
- Cooperating in the establishment and development of research parks.