The International Network for Small and Medium Enterprises – INSME is a legally recognized not-for-profit association working under the auspices of the OECD – Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development.
The Association gathers innovation and technology transfer stakeholders including governmental bodies, international organizations, NGOs, business support organizations, chambers of commerce on an international scale.
As of October 2018, INSME can count on the support of 64 Members from 30 different countries.
The Network is a facilitator for the creation of public-private partnership, a gateway to innovation good practices for the support of SMEs and entrepreneurship and a catalyst of information on opportunities, latest trends and insights on innovation, SMEs, technology transfer and entrepreneurship.
INSME offers a wide array of services helping its Members to better achieve their goals by taking advantage of cross border connections and collaborations enhanced by the Network:
- Observatory of Innovation Best Practices. Programmes, initiatives, projects and policies endorsed and implemented by key innovation players that represent successful and ‘best in class’ approaches in the field of entrepreneurship and innovation.
- INSME Annual Meetings. The Association’s major event gathering Members and innovation stakeholders worldwide in a dense programme of initiatives including workshops and an International Conference to discuss emerging trends, share ideas and put the basis for potential business partnerships.
- INSMEAcademy. The capacity building offer of the Network consisting of two typologies of services:
– The INSME webinar-based training programme providing seminars that address the latest trends and topics on tools and techniques to support innovation, entrepreneurship, SMEs, economic macro trends and innovation policies.
– Customized Training Programs. Given its rich database of experts available in the Network, INSME is in the position to offer tailor-made training programs on a wide variety of topics in the following fields: innovation policies, entrepreneurship, innovation management, economic macro trends, IPRs management.
- Matchmaking partners and scouting of business and funding opportunities, for international collaborations and project development.
- Promotion, Dissemination and Information activities through INSME communication channels:
– INSMEnews. The monthly newsletter is released both in English and Spanish and reaches 19.000+ innovation stakeholders worldwide. The newsletter offers up-to-date information on initiatives, current innovation trends, funding opportunities and events regarding innovation and technology transfer.
– INSMEblog. A virtual window to share and discuss ideas, hints, and visions on innovation.
– INSME Alerts. Customized e-mail alerts to INSME Members covering selected thematic and geographic priorities.