Based on a survey among Business Angels (BA) who benefitted from the European Angels Fund (EAF), the European Investment Fund – EIF (INSME Member) has recently released a study to share its results.
According to the survey results, it is worth mentioning that:
- the total amount invested in BA activities ranges between € 1 million and € 8 millions;
- the current business environment is perceived as positive and also the outlook for the next 12 months is stable;
- among the biggest challenges in BA activity there is the lack of high-quality entrepreneurs;
- business angels find it easier to co-invest with their peers instead that with venture capitalists or corporates;
- 1 out of 3 business angels consider to become a VC fund manager in the next five years.
Furthermore with regard to the role of the public sector the availability of programmes for BAs is considered positively at the European level, while i) supply-side support ii) support for scaling up start-ups into bigger firms and iii) contributing to improved exit options are the areas where a public intervention is mostly required.
Discover more by reading the study available here.