16th INSME Annual Meeting
20 Years after the first OECD SME Ministerial Conference in Bologna: Progress and Perspectives for SME Policies in a post COVID-19 Environment
Rome, Italy, November 17, 2020
The event is organised in collaboration with
The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
The webinar celebrated the 20th anniversary of the “Bologna Charter on SMEs policies” – the Ministerial declaration adopted on the 15th of June 2000 on the occasion of the first OECD SME Ministerial Conference that laid the basis for the establishment of the INSME Network – in a High-Level joint INSME-OECD international conference organised to discuss current opportunities and challenges for SMEs and entrepreneurs, the progress in policy approaches over the past decades, the lessons learnt, long-standing and emerging policy challenges, and policy priorities to ensure SMEs and entrepreneurs are drivers of a strong, resilient, green, and inclusive recovery.
Welcome and introduction
- Martin Godel, Chair of the OECD Working Party on SMEs and Entrepreneurship (WPSMEE) and Head of Division of the State Secretariat of Economic Affairs (Switzerland)
- Sergio Arzeni, President, International Network for SMEs (INSME)
- Ulrik Vestergaard Knudsen, Deputy Secretary General of the OECD
- Enrico Letta, President of Notre Europe – Institute Jacques Delors and Director International Studies at Science-Po, Paris, former Italian Prime Minister and Minister of Industry hosting the Bologna Ministerial Conference,
- Patrick Meinhardt, Vice-President of European Entrepreneurs and Board member of INSME.
- Josianne Cutajar, Member of the European Parliament
- Yves Leterme, President of Tojoy Western Europe and Member of INSME, former Prime Minister of Belgium and Deputy Secretary General of the OECD
- Gian Paolo Manzella, State Undersecretary, Ministry of Economic Development, Italy
Open floor discussion
- Lamia Kamal-Chaoui, Director, OECD Centre for Entrepreneurship, SMEs, Regions and Cities (CFE)
You can find a detailed breakdown of the event here.